1. Take bandage off in 1-2 hours.
2. Gently wash your tattoo using your finger tips. Use unscented antibacterial soap, like dial gold.
3. Pat dry with a clean cloth.
4. Do not re-bandage the tattoo.
5. Starting tomorrow, apply a thin layer of unscented lotion approximately 3 times per day for 2-4 weeks. We use and recommend Hustle Butter. Do not use petroleum based products like Vaseline, a&d, or Neosporin.
6. Do not submerge, soak, scratch, or pick your tattoo.
7. Avoid direct sunlight and tanning. This can damage your tattoo even after the healing process is complete.
Dermshield Instructions (if applicable)
- Leave Dermshield protective bandage on for a total of 5-7 days. Most tattoos require the Dermshield to be changed in about 24 hours. This can be determined if there is a build up of fluid under the dermshield, called an ink sack.
- To change dermshield, peel off dermshield carefully. It is usually best to do so in the shower or over the sink to avoid getting the fluid on anything.
- Wash all blood, plasma, and ink off gently using antibacterial soap with your finger tips. Avoid glycerin based soaps.
- Let dry for 10 minutes. Do NOT apply any lotion in between applications. It will affect the adhesive.
- Reapply the second piece of Dermshield, by first removing the white paper from the adhesive. Once the dermshield has been applied, peel off the top layer of plastic, leaving just the think clear sheet of Dermshield. Do not stretch it as you are applying it to your skin.
- Once removed on the final day, apply lotion as necessary.
Consult with your artist or a qualified healthcare professional immediately, at the first sign of abnormal inflammation, swelling, or infection.
HAND FORGED TATTOO
1605 BENTON RD STE H
BOSSIER CITY, LA